St Peters Rates Assessment Notice
Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 – inspection of 2023 Rates List
The Parish of St Peter Rates List is available for inspection from 15 May 2023 until 27 May 2023 inclusive: –
- Through the Parish website (https://services.stpeter.je using the three-part code on the paper Notice of Assessment or access from your digital notice.
- At the Parish Hall
Please call 481236 for further information.
Please read the Notices of Assessment carefully, for information on the procedure that needs to be followed should you wish to make a formal Review or Appeal, see the notes on the parish website www.stpeter.je
You can initially discuss any concerns with a member of the Assessment Committee on the following dates:
By Appointment only: –
Tuesday 30 May 2pm to 4pm
Wednesday 31 May 2pm to 4pm
Thursday 01 June 7pm to 9pm
Please note the following regarding your Notice of Assessment:
- Your rates are calculated against the property you owned and/or occupied on the 1st of January of this year and you are liable to pay for the whole of the sum regardless of whether you move within the year. There is no allowance for apportionment of the account within the Law.
- All properties rented furnished are charged entirely to the Foncier (owner)
- The rate for all properties, whether occupied or not, is charged for the whole year.
- The number of quarters shown on the notice will only represent a monetary value once the rate per quarter has been agreed at the Assembly to be held at the Parish Hall on Thursday 06 July at 7.00pm.
If you think you may find it difficult to pay the full amount when you receive the demand in July, please contact the Parish Hall ASAP and discuss arranging regular weekly or monthly payments. This will prevent additional charges being added to your account due to a late payment surcharge and /or Petty Debt costs.
We accept payment for Parish Rates via the following methods:
- Citypay Online – Using the scanning app. on your Rate Demand.
- Standing Order (Payable monthly/weekly – You set this up with your bank however please contact Parish Hall for our bank details)
- Debit/Credit Card
Please contact the Parish Hall if you have any further queries.